Monday, February 4, 2008

February 4, 2008

There's a lot of things I want to accomplish in my very first blog. I'm an older lady and I really have no need to please or impress anyone other than my husband and my creator. I'm debating on whether to make this blog private or public. Ultimately I would like to add video content to the blog but I just don't know if I am that brave to put my stuff out there to the world. I want to make the year 2008 a video year for my husband and me. I want a lot of changes to take place in my life from losing weight to being happier and much less of a worrier. I want this year to be a healthy year.

Tomorrow is super Tuesday and I've been sick of the political scene since last year. I don't want to vote for any of the candidates. Either they are way to liberal or the conservatives I am interested in are just slightly less liberal. George Bush let me down and this political year sucks. If I thought the Dems could change this country I would vote for them. I voted almost 20 years democrat. But they are only going to raise our taxes, hug trees, and give entitlements to people who are drug addicts, people who don't want to work, women (black and white) who continue to have 4 or 5 babies by 4 or 5 different men and so many other deadbeats who think they are entitled to be taken care of by everyone else. These people are in every small town and city milking our government for millions of dollars while we have people working 2 or 3 jobs just trying to take care of their families. Welfare reform, which Bill Clinton signed, is working some but it's just one piece of the pie that needs to be addressed. Everyone knows we have too much pork in our government, and most every congressman and senator (both republican and democrat) have padded the bills for favors to the people who helped get them elected. None are righteous, no not one.

I'm all for helping people who honestly need the help, those who work and still don't have insurance and can't afford to buy it. Child day care for people who absolutely couldn't work without it, seniors who live on limited incomes, and on and on. But instead of raising taxes, let's cut out all the special interest groups, like drug companies, oil companies, and all of these other corporations who get big tax breaks and make billions of dollars in profit a year. That's a down right sin. Everyone should have to pay their fair share. Everyone! How did it all go so wrong?

When did personal responsibility, integrity, and honor become archaic? And why did it? Why is it that you really can't believe a word any politician says because we know just as soon as they get to Washington, what they said doesn't mean a thing. Washington is not in touch with ordinary Americans. These politicians say they are, but are they really? To run for president in this day and time costs one billion dollars! I personally can not even comprehend that amount money in my every day life.

So what are we to do? I don't even know. I'll listen to the candidates and maybe vote. I've never not voted but I'm so disgusted by the whole process, I just don't know. After the elections, I'll still be this overweight southern woman who is still trying to take care of her family and home. I'll still be cooking, washing dishes, and cleaning house. I'll still be complaining about food and gas prices and wondering how in the world are people going to make it with prices being so high and wages not rising. I'll still be running errands and paying bills and trying to save a dollar which in this day and time is darn near impossible. I'll still be living in a one store town and wondering if my husband will have a job tomorrow. And I still will be going to church and thanking God for all the blessings I do have in my life. So my life will still be the same.

Can any of the candidates help this country? I want to have hope. I just don't know if I do anymore.

No comments: